Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Benefit!

I am actually at a loss for words, but feeling like writing anyway!   Last night my friends got together and held a benefit to help with our medical expenses.  This story starts about 2 months ago.   My friend Melody asked me what I thought about a benefit.  My immediate reaction was no and a big no!  Don't ask why?  I really have no idea.  I just didn't want to accept any help!  Well fast forward a few weeks later and 2 of my other friends suggested it again, not accepting an answer immediately, they gave me time to think.  Well I did and decided it was a great idea!    So all of these women got together several times and planned the big event.  A lot of cell phone minutes were used up during this planning process!    It was to be an all you can eat buffet with fish and shrimp from a catering service.   The catering service canceled at the very last minute.  So my friends had to come up with something to feed a crowd, purchase the food, and cook the food in under 3 hours!  I think I would have just threw my hands up but they pulled it off with flying colors.  All of their husbands cooked hamburgers and pork burgers.  The food was wonderful and the deserts were to die for.  They gave away a lot of wonderful prizes!  It was just a wonderful night!  Our children had a great time at the "dance party" they called it!   I enjoyed seeing so many friends and family that I had not seen in a long time. 

I really am at a loss for words!  I don't think anyone has ever done anything like this for me in all of my life.  I cant put into words what I think about all of these women.  They banned together and made Lemonade out of Lemons for sure.  I suggested to them that they do this once or twice a year for different people because they were so good at it!  I'm not sure if they liked the idea or not. 

We received a lot of help from Charlies buddies as well!  They banned together to really help us in a crisis!  It was wonderful to see all the cards and messages we received from different people.  Going to the mail box was fun for a while!  LOL

In the end I have learned how precious  life is, keep your eyes on people that matter to you, and there are alot more people that care about you than you think!   We are a very lucky family!   To whoever is reading this I have a lesson for you!  If ya need help ask for it!  If you get help pay it forward to someone else.  Always BELIEVE in people around you and yourself!  God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. just getting caught up on your blog. I am so glad that cancer is over for you and if you can just get through lil lucas' surgery, then you will have it all behind you. This spring will be great for you, a new outlook on life and great health to go with it.
    PS, keep the smoothie reciepes coming ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-- and why haven't you posted the pick of me and at the Gypsy--that REALLY shows how much I love you--LOL

    ReplyDelete